Hospitality and Service Jobs
From the front desk to the kitchen, laundry room and common areas, you will find friendly and dedicated team members who support residents in roles such as:
- Wait Staff and Servers
- Chefs, cooks and utility workers
- Housekeeping and Laundry Aid
- Front Desk Receptionist
Time to Enjoy Life
Those in the hospitality sector make a living by taking care of others—especially those who are living life to the fullest on evenings and weekends. As a result, many talented chefs, servers and support staff often miss out on getaways, family events and social occasions with friends. At Shannex, you’ll find the time and space to reconnect with those you love while enjoying the following:
- Rarely working past 8p.m.
- Most shifts take place during business hours and split shifts are rare
- Rotating weekend schedules
- Competitive Base Rate Wages
- Immediate Access to Benefits for those working 0.4FTE or greater
What Team Members Love
We asked current team members what they love most about working in a Shannex community. Aside from the clear winner (residents!), here were a few of our favourite responses:
- “It’s a different pace than working at a restaurant! We have a manageable workload and my number one focus is on delivering great service—not turning over tables.”
- “There’s a focus on continuous improvement and helping staff grow in their role and within the company.”
- “In my old job, I never got to meet the guests or see their reaction to my work. Now I look forward to seeing residents and knowing them on a personal level.”
You Might be Surprised
The things that most often surprise new team members when joining one of our communities:
- It feels like home, not a hospital or institutional setting. Most residents bring their own furniture and belongings!
- Residents enjoy a quality culinary experience designed by a talented team of chefs, with rotating menus of seasonally-inspired and local ingredients. In our retirement living communities, many residents still cook for themselves and enjoy sharing recipes and handmade treats, while others enjoy restaurant-style menus in elegant dining rooms.
- Residents are storytellers, jokesters, singers, dancers, writers and accomplished artisans who share their talents with team members and other residents.
- Our communities are fast-paced and full of life, love and laughter.
Get Job Alerts
Want us to email you when a job opportunity matches your interests? Visit our job portal and sign up for job alerts at the top of the page.
Students at Shannex
Whether you’re looking for part-time hours during the school year or full-time hours during summer or holiday breaks, Shannex offers an exceptional learning environment for students. We’ll not only work around your schedule, but help you learn about pathways to full-time employment upon graduation. Interested in learning more?
Work and Learn Program
If you have been working in the hospitality or service sector but thinking about a career as a Continuing Care Assistant (CCA), Shannex has established a program with a direct path and no need to take time off or go without a paycheque. With a minimum of five years’ work experience, you can start to work toward a CCA designation.
Healthcare and Clinical Careers
Our close-knit care team welcomes licensed nurses, unlicensed caregivers, clinical leaders, wellness coaches and more.
Corporate Services and Leadership
Every day, skilled experts in HR, IT, Finance, Sales, Marketing, Communications and Management support operations, team members and residents alike.