Locations | Browse Locations | Orchard Court
Information about admission to long term care
Department of Health and Wellness
- Fully furnished rooms with private washroom
- Private, wheelchair accessible rooms
- Space for your own decorations to give your room a personal touch
- 24-hour emergency call system
- Housekeeping and laundry service
- Telephone and cable service (optional)
- Wellness programs to optimize independence
- Fulfilling recreation and leisure programs for a variety of interests and abilities
- Musical entertainment
- Garden and horticultural activities
- Community and cultural events
- Holiday celebrations
- Intergenerational and volunteer programs
- Friendly pet visits
- Resident Council
- Family Council
- Individualized assessment and care planning
- Professional interdisciplinary health care team
- Nursing staff 24-hours a day
- Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists
- Palliative approach to care
- Pain and symptom management
- Spiritual services
- Hairdressing/barber services
Wellness is more than just physical activity. We focus on a holistic approach to being well, which includes six dimensions of wellness: physical, intellectual, social, vocational, emotional and spiritual. Our recreation team members get to know each resident and design activities to suit their hobbies and interests.
Our culinary commitment
Variety, choice, presentation, taste and nutrition are at the heart of every meal.
The Culinary Centre in Halifax is a state-of-the-art operation with a team of chefs and cooks who work collaboratively to develop menus and prepare meals for enhanced care residents. Our team ensures residents enjoy fresh, carefully prepared and nutritious meals.
Dietitians meet with residents to complete a nutritional assessment to understand their dietary requirements. This also provides an opportunity for residents to discuss allergies, sensitivities and food preferences.
Menus are designed to include as many fresh, seasonal and local products as possible. Creating these menus requires input from many people. Taste-testing and responses to the dining surveys provide insight and direction from the people who matter most—our residents.