Our Resident and Family Advisory Committees play an important role in improving the care and services we provide in our long-term care and Parkland communities.
The Committee includes residents and family members across Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Ontario who work together to ensure the voice of the resident is reflected at all levels of our organization.
The work of the Committee is guided by an internal Steering Committee made up of operational leaders who will oversee the recruitment for membership to two Committees: one for retirement living and one for long-term care. Being a committee member requires a one-year commitment with an option to renew for up to two years. Members can attend quarterly meetings in person or via videoconferencing.
As a member, you will be
- Are you a resident who is currently living in a Shannex nursing home or Parkland Retirement Living community; or
- Are a family member of a resident
- Can look at issues from multiple perspectives
- Will be forthcoming and share their thoughts and opinions
- Will be respectful of the environment and of others at all times
- Are interested in making a positive contribution to life at Shannex
- Are interested in helping us achieve our vision of Leading the Way to Better Living
Are you interested in actively contributing to supporting your friends and family members in living well as they age?
Apply by December 8th, 2023 at Resident and family resources.Back