Healthcare and Clinical Careers
From personal care to nutritional planning, wellness programming and clinical leadership, Shannex offers a variety of healthcare roles such as:
- Continuing Care Assistant (CCA)
- Personal Support Worker (PSW)
- Registered Nurse (RN)
- Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Recreation Coordinator
What you gain
Working with seniors adds value to our lives and work experiences. They will share stories, advice and humour with you and be curious about your background, family and hobbies. You will get to know their family and share a bond that is only possible outside of a critical care environment. You will take pride in being known as an elder ally. Additionally, our healthcare and clinical team members:
- Build critical skills in communication and emotional intelligence
- Apply your full scope of practice as a trusted leader on the floor
- Develop an in-demand specialty in an aging Canadian population
- Enjoy a fast-paced environment with a range of care, cognitive, dietary, wellness and medical needs among older adults
Whether you’re working in a licensed nursing home or one of our retirement living communities, Shannex wants you to have a full life, complete with rewarding work, access to support and time for family, friends, personal interests and self-care.
- A variety of shift configurations offered in most locations
- A manageable workload with a focus on continuous improvement
- Smooth Week for those in long term care
- Dedicated workforce coordinators to secure full staffing complement
- Total Rewards Program including vacation, benefits, perks and more
Students enrolled in practical nursing, registered nursing, nurse practitioner or re-entry programs are encouraged to consider a placement in a Shannex community. With dozens of locations across Atlantic Canada, students can explore a career at Shannex while making connections in the place they hope to work and live, long before graduation.
Request a placement today: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Work and Learn Program
Shannex invites those with a minimum of five years’ work experience to consider a new career—an opportunity to work toward becoming a Continuing Care Assistant (CCA) in Nova Scotia.
- No formal educational or healthcare experience required
- Your first two weeks will be spent in a classroom setting before transitioning to a clinical placement in one of Shannex’s long term care communities in Nova Scotia.
- You will be mentored by experienced team members and clinical professionals
- Enjoy full-time hours and benefits immediately
Get Job Alerts
Want us to email you when a job opportunity matches your interests? Visit our job portal and sign up for job alerts at the top of the page.
Other Career Opportunities
Hospitality and Service Jobs
From culinary and food services to front office reception, housekeeping, laundry and maintenance, our team takes pride in a job well done.
Corporate Services and Leadership
Every day, skilled experts in HR, IT, Finance, Sales, Marketing, Communications and Management support operations, team members and residents alike.